Thursday, 24 April 2008

New feature - mp3s!

I've added a new feature to the blog - the ability to listen to audio via mp3 files. Initially these will be found in the side bar to the right but I eventually will add them to my posts.

As this is the time of year that people are remembering those who served in the military, I thought it would be interesting to get a local perspective. In 2006, Peter Ayson was interviewed for the Southland Oral History Project by Nancy Burnett. Part of his interview included his memories of growing up in Otautau during World War II. Peter gave me permission to excerpt his interview for the blog. Just click on the 'play' button to listen. It's about 9 minutes long.

If you'd like to hear Peter's entire oral history, contact the Invercargill Library.

No comments: