- Until 19 Dec: A Body of Work: cloth sculpture figurines, by Hayley Lawn. Delightful characters made from fabric and found materials. Otautau Museum, 146 Main Street, Otautau. Open Wed & Sun, 2pm-4pm and by request. Wheelchair accessible. Blog.
- Until 2013: Otautau Main Street Businesses. Otautau Museum, 146 Main Street, Otautau. Open Weds & Sun, 2pm to 4pm and by request. Wheelchair accessible. For more information, see blog and website.
- Until 18 Nov: Far North, Deep South: Northland and Southland Connect exhibition. Works from selected Northland artists on show in the deep South. Wed-Sun, 12pm-4pm, Riverton Community Arts Centre 129 Palmerston Street, Riverton. (03) 234-9932 or email.
- 24 Nov: "Antagonist Freak Show" - NOTICE - this show has been re-scheduled for January 2013.
- 14 Dec: Otautau Street Party. Crafts, stalls, entertainment and food. A great time for the community to gather and have fun. All welcome. 5pm-8pm, Main Street, Otautau. To book a stall contact Otautau Promotions, 027-488-3945 or 027-225-8213.
- 1-10 Jan: "Antagonist Freak Show" art exhibition by local artist Quint Baker, starring Southland models: Ashley Kluyts, Nina Poelman and Chelsea Clark. Styles include post postmodern, new media art, mock art and swampy fashion. At the Courthouse, 146 Main Street. Open 8am to 6pm every day.
- 10 & 11 Jan: SDC Holiday Programme in Otautau. Registration forms at SDC offices and $6/child per day
- 9 Feb: Otautau Three Churches Flower and Quilt Walk. Any artists or craftspeople wishing to have a display or sales table, please contact Faimie 03 225-8530 or email
- 24 Feb: All Ford Day. Holt Park, Otautau.
- 16 Mar: Otautau Golf Club 90th Anniversary. Celebrations include golf and BBQ.