- 8 Apr: Internet Safety Presentation by John Parsons, Otautau School, 7pm-9pm.
- 17 Apr: Poppy Day, purchase a poppy to support Otautau RSA. To be sold at tables in front of Supervalue, FourSquare and Clark's Fish & Chips shop.
- 25 Apr: Otautau Anzac Day Service, 7am, Otautau War Memorial, Main St. Morning tea to follow at the Fire Brigade. All welcome.
- 25 Apr: Drummond Community Anzac Day Service, 8:15am at the War Memorial. If wet, will be held at the Drummond Bowling Club. Cup of tea available at Bowling Club provided by Drummond Rural Women.
- 26 Apr: Arboretum Planting Bee, 2pm, meet in carpark. Planting tussocks in the native wetland and stream bank. Bring a spade and boots. All welcome. More info 027-422-2175.
- 13 Apr: Monthly General Hui is cancelled, Oraka Aparima Rūnaka at Takutai o te Titi Marae.
- 17 Apr: Otautau Community Board, 2pm, at the SDC office. If you wish to make a presentation to the Board, contact Kelly Tagg, Area Officer, no later that 48 hours before the meeting, 0800 732 732.
- 5 May: Holt Park Recreation Centre Inc, committee mtg. Representatives of all local sports clubs are invited, SDC Otautau office at 7:30pm
- Looking for reliable people to update this blog and the Otautau Facebook page. Contact Cathy 027-422-2175.
- Work & Income NZ will visit Otautau at the Plunket Rooms on the third Tuesday of each month from Feb to Dec 2014. Make an appt by phoning 0800 559 009 or contact Zola Ayson, Community Worker, 0800 732 732 ext 3670.
- 12 Apr: Wahine Hui at Takutai o te Titi Marae, Colac Bay, 6pm. Pot luck kai. Open to all Ngai Tahu and non-Ngai Tahu wahine who belong to Oraka Aparima Rūnaka and want to learn tikanga on the marae. Contact Lynley 03 974-0215.
- Asian Science Camp, a fully funded opportunity for a Maori Year 12 or Year 13 student to attend The 8th Asian Science Camp in Singapore, 24-29 Aug. See http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/programmes/competitions/international-secondary